Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Independence Day

*posted by Amy - Dave has very limited internet contact*

4-July Jouzhaighou

We woke up, had our Chinese breakfast of congee and soy milk, which by now is leaving something to be desired. I could go for some oatmeal, or a bowl of cereal. Anyway, there ended up being nine students and faculty, about half of us, going back to the park to help look at the problems the visitor’s center is facing. As we started looking, Manesh, one of our faculty, asked us to break up into groups, Dan, Jason, and I wanted focus on the connection between the buildings and the landscape around them.

This was a great opportunity to visit the park and see what was happening when the begin crush of tourists is not at the gates. We only had a limited amount of time to scope the grounds, so back on the bus to head back to the hotel, grab a quick bite, catch our bus, and fly back to Chengdu. Tonight in Chengdu, we are supposed to go to a reception, play like we are not hungry, and then head out to the suburbs where the real barbeque will be, a real July 4th party for the Americans in China, fireworks and all. I’ll give you guys that update, because I’m sure that’ll be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment