Juizhaighou, 2 July
So we made it to our hotel after our second flight and an hour and a half bus ride. After 14 hours of sleep, J and I still feeling like garbage, but we managed to venture out with the group today. Juizhaighou is a national park in far eastern Sichuan province, and under different circumstances, would have been really fun to visit. Instead, after a few hours, my stomach was feeling like I had gone ten rounds against Mike Tyson. However, food has stayed down, and I am not nauseous, just tired, and a little sore. Yesterday was by far the worst day of the trip. Two flights, vomiting in an airplane bathroom, two and a half hours in an airport, and that bus ride, which by the way was no straight shot on a freeway, it was up and over some mountain roads, and down a bunch of switchbacks.
Anyway, the park scenery was amazing. Unlike anything I have seen before, but the tourists. Chinese tourists are a strange breed: loud, pushy, taking their photos in front of mountains wearing Tibetan clothing. We were at a village in the park, and everyone was eating lunch, and I said to one of the TA’s, Yue, that this place was interesting, but so many people, and his response to this was, “Well, that’s China for you, you can’t get away from people.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment